March 31, 2010

What's For Dinner?

A miracle happened in my kitchen yesterday. I followed a recipe I found in a magazine...it wasn't even the magazine's recipe, it was an advertisement for tomato sauce. Well anyways, I decided to make it, even though I was skeptical, because it seemed strange to me. But I thought, "what the hell, I'll give it a try." And I am so glad I did because it was so good, and relatively simple to make. Luis loved it and dubbed it my "best ever". And that's saying something. Now I have a decent thing to make the next time (first time) we invite someone over for dinner!


Chicken Rollatini

3 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (I used the thinly-sliced breasts)
1 pkg Genoa salami slices
1 pkg provolone cheese slices
18 asparagus spears, trimmed
1 jar tomato sauce (I used Classico Spicy Tomato and Basil)
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese

1. Preheat oven to 350. Halve each chicken breast and pound to 1/4 inch thick. Season with salt and pepper.

2. Place 1 salami slice, 1 cheese slice and 3 asparagus spears in the center of each chicken breast. Roll up and secure with a wooden toothpick.



3. Spread some tomato sauce in a baking dish (11x7 or so). Place chicken rolls in the dish, and cover with the remaining sauce and sprinkle with shredded cheese.





4. Bake, uncovered for 30 to 40 minutes or until cooked through.

5. Enjoy! It looks so pretty when you cut into it! And tastes great!


3 comments:

roBUT & loLER said...

Yummo! That's like an Italian version of Chicken Cordon Blue!

Sarah said...

Really? I've heard of that but never had it. How do you make that??

About Danielle said...

Thank you Sarah! I can not wait to try this!