May 30, 2009

Sew Crazy



Sew.....lately I've had the sewing bug. My friend Angela came to visit one weekend and we had a craft/sewing afternoon together. It was awesome. Since then I can't seem to get enough sewing! It's totally weird (for me)!!! Just thought I'd post some of my projects I've done so far. Mind you, they are by no means perfect; I'm still in the learning stages.




This was our first project; we made thumb tacks from buttons :-)


Angela made me a Cowboys pillow; so I made Luis an A&M fleece pillow


I made these coasters for my Momma for Mother's Day


My premature attempt at a Drunkard's Block....curved lines are HARD!


This was supposed to be an Hourglass block but I messed up on the purple squares :(


Finally, this is a simple tissue holder I made in about 5 minutes from this tutorial.

I ordered some really awesome fabric from this place; they have a ton of really cool fabric for a decent price. Hopefully by the time it comes in I'll be able to sew straight and make my edges match :-)

3 comments:

Lauren said...

I so need a sewing machine. Do you know how to chrochet or knit? I'm learning to embroider right now and its alot of fun.

Jeannette said...

you're getting more and more like Martha everyday! Except better and without the prison time of course, lol

Danielle said...

man, I need you and Ang to come and teach me to sew!! I am horrible! HELP!